Digital Production Specialist
PROTECTING OUR ENVIRONMENT WITH INTELLIGENCE. The Environmental Investigation Agency (EIA-US) is a 501(c)(3) independent, international, non-profit advocacy organization based in Washington, D.C. with proven records of triggering and affecting systemic change to protect the Earth’s environment. Over the last three decades, EIA-US has established a unique paradigm of methods to drive change – including pioneering the use of undercover investigative techniques to expose environmental crime and drive change. These crimes include illegal trade in endangered wildlife, illegal logging and associated trade in illegal timber, and the trade in both climate damaging and ozone layer depleting gases.
EIA-US is seeking a creative and highly motivated Digital Production Specialist to join one of the most dynamic advocacy teams in Washington, D.C. As a key member of the media production and Communication team, the Digital Production Specialist will dedicate their creative talents and energy to produce, create and organize digital content for multi-platform online distribution, outreach, advocacy and engagement.
Main roles and responsibilities:
- Working closely with the team to support with communications campaign and advocacy development efforts for Forests, Wildlife, and Climate campaign teams to develop digital communications content
- Contribute to the creation, development, production and distribution of graphic design and photo/video production projects.
- Create original digital content including, graphics, animation, text, video and photo for external digital online communications, website, and other public channels/platforms.
- Drive social media content production forward; identify and develop key opportunities for content and messaging; proactively prompt campaign teams to collaborate on content development for key social media dates.
- Develop website subpages and additional digital web content as needed; manage the updates and maintenance of the EIA-US website platform
- Work with the fundraising team to generate in-house production of network appeals for donor engagement, outreach and digital fundraising.
- Maintain asset archive database, internal information sharing and content management systems; ensure best practices are followed; regular updates maintained in google drive, servers, hard drives, external platforms, creative contact databases, press coverage lists etc.
- Work closely with external vendors and third-party consultants to generate communication product deliverables
- Management and maintenance of media production equipment and editing/design software.
Essential Expertise and Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated working experience as Digital/Media/Social Media Production Specialist or similar relevant working experience, ideally with an environmental or social impact campaign or organization.
- Demonstrated graphic design skills and proficiency in design software (Adobe Illustrator, etc)
- Experience with social media and website maintenance
- Experience with photo and video production and editing
- Excellent writing, editing, and communication skills, including the ability to collaborate and work well in a team.
- Exhibited creativity and passion for learning
- Passion for environmental and human rights issues.
- Self-motivated with an ability to juggle multiple priorities and work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, including proactively identifying problems and working with team members to develop solutions.
- Good work ethic, high standards, and strong organizational skills.
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Completion of Bachelor’s degree or vocational design school preferred.
- Foreign language skills, particularly Spanish, Chinese and/or French, is a plus
- Demonstrable experience and/or significant interest related to environmental justice, conservation, or policy; sustainable supply chains; or relevant fields and issue areas
Commitment to Inclusion, Racial Justice and Anti-oppression:
EIA strives to integrate values of equity, fairness, inclusiveness, transparency, and accountability into our work, which includes reflecting our commitment to racial justice in our programmatic work and our organizational structure and values. We are seeking candidates who have a commitment to engage in this ongoing process and work with us to create an inclusive work environment and world.
EIA is an equal opportunity employer committed to workforce diversity. All employment at EIA is decided on the basis of merit, qualifications, and business needs.
Compensation and location:
This is a full-time position with an estimated starting salary range between $53,000 and $63,000, commensurate with experience. EIA offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage, life insurance coverage, 401K, paid time off (vacation, sick and personal leaves), disability benefits, workers’ compensation, professional development Support, flexibly hybrid working arrangement, cell phone monthly allowance, commuter monthly allowance.
This position is based in Washington, D.C.
How to Apply:
Please send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Digital Production Specialist” in the subject line. The applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the high volume of applications received, we are only able to respond to those selected for interviews.
Open until filled.